Experts talked about 6 health problems that arise when a person thinks a lot. We are talking about chronically worried people who thereby destroy their health.
1. Effects on the brain. The most obvious consequences of chronic anxiety conditions. Stress has a negative effect on the brain. When cortisol levels increase, brain cells in the hippocampus are damaged and die. Chronic anxiety disrupts the functioning of the brain, altering its structure and connections.
2. Effects on the digestive system. Anxiety causes stress that affects the digestive system. This leads to gastrointestinal disorders such as inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis and ulcers.
3. Impact on the heart. Another obvious risk for people who cannot relieve their anxiety. Chest pain, tachycardia, dizziness – these are some of the problems that increased anxiety leads to.
4. Effects on the skin. Emotional stress is a trigger for many skin disorders, including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, alopecia areata, and seborrheic dermatitis. Stress creates inflammation in the body, which can manifest itself on the skin.
5. Impact on the immune system. Have you noticed how diseases appear more often during periods of acute anxiety and stress? This is because stress releases the hormone cortisol into the bloodstream, which weakens the immune system. By suppressing the natural defense mechanisms of our body, it becomes more vulnerable to infections and diseases.
6. Effects on the whole body. Chronic stress levels can lead to a wide variety of cancers. Here’s another reason to be in control of your psyche.