Allergic dermatitis occurs when the skin is in contact with an allergenic substance for a sufficiently long time. At the same time, bubbles, redness, itching appear on the body.
Causes of allergic dermatitis
There are a huge number of substances that can cause allergies in humans. These are plants such as:
Metals can also be allergens:
- Nickel, which is part of dishes, jewelry, metal money.
- Gold is also allergenic, but this is extremely rare.
- Chromium, which is used to make detergents.
- Mercury is part of many dyes.
Another group of substances that can cause allergies are preservatives:
Also, allergies can be caused by medicines, acrylic, wax, rosin and much more.
Symptoms that occur with allergic dermatitis
The main symptoms of allergic dermatitis are considered to be burning, itching, redness on the skin, as well as a rash. But there may be other symptoms, such as swollen spots of red color, small blisters, pale spots appear on the face, on the contrary, there may be pain in the fatigue, headache, and the temperature may rise.
Allergic dermatitis treatment methods
With this disease, there is no one universal method of treatment, only one thing can be common, this is to detect a substance that causes allergies and isolate the patient from it as much as possible.
In order to begin treatment, it is necessary to determine exactly what causes such a reaction.
For allergic dermatitis, special ointments are used, in no case creams, they may contain additives that will only aggravate the condition.
Dermatitis can be treated not only with medication, but also with folk remedies. To do this, use the following recipes:
- You can take 3 tablespoons of chicken or pork fat and mix the baby cream with 2 teaspoons of sea buckthorn oil;
- In a glass of any oil, boil the collection of such herbs as burdock root, lemon balm, oak bark, wild rosemary and calendula for 15 minutes. This broth should be infused a little.
- You can take a bath in a decoction of pansies and wild rosemary.
In some cases, a diet is prescribed to treat allergic dermatitis. At the same time, such products as are removed from the diet:
- Natural fats;
- Of course, citrus fruits, which are the most common allergens;
- Fruits and vegetables that are red in color are not recommended;
- Nuts and chocolate are also contraindicated.
Fruits of any other color, seafood, porridge can be eaten without restrictions.
Allergic dermatitis is a rather complex but completely treatable disease. It does not require much effort in order to be cured, only adherence to small rules and the use of a small amount of medications can completely cure it.