Experts talked about 6 health problems that arise if a person thinks a lot. We are talking about chronically worried people, who thereby destroy their health.
1. Effects on the brain. The most obvious consequences of chronic anxiety. Stress has a negative effect on the brain. With increasing levels of cortisol, brain cells in the hippocampus are damaged and die. Chronic anxiety states disrupt the functioning of the brain, changing its structure and connections.
2. Impact on the digestive system. Anxiety causes stress affecting the digestive system. And this leads to gastrointestinal upsets such as inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis and ulcers.
3. Effects on the heart. Another obvious risk for people who can not calm their anxiety. Chest pain, tachycardia, dizziness – these are some of the problems that lead to increased anxiety.
4. Effects on the skin. Emotional stress is the trigger for many skin disorders, including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, focal allopecia, and seborrheic dermatitis. Stress causes inflammation in the body that can occur on the skin.
5. Impact on the immune system. Have you noticed how during periods of acute unrest and stress diseases appear more often? This is because stress is released into the bloodstream by the hormone cortisol, which weakens the immune system. By suppressing the natural defense mechanisms of our body, it becomes more vulnerable to infections and diseases.
6. Impact on the whole body. Chronic stress levels can lead to a wide variety of cancers. Here is another reason to control your psyche.