Scabies is a sensation of itching on the skin, in which there is no soreness in the itching area. Scabies is forcing a person to comb an itchy place. Despite the fact that pain is not observed with the development of scabies, there is little pleasant in this dermatological disease. Scabies can develop for a very long time. In such a situation, scabies becomes simply unbearable. In addition, the constant combing of the same place leads to a violation of the integrity of the skin – can form severe scratching, erosion and eczema. In this regard, agents for treating scabies are of particular importance. Means for treating scabies can be sold in pharmacies, or you can cook them according to popular recipes yourself. It should be remembered that the means for treating scabies should be correlated with the cause of the disease.
The causes of scabies may be
– external factors, for example, bites of various insects, chemicals that irritate the skin, household chemicals and cosmetics.
– diseases involving the skin, for example, chickenpox or urticaria, in the pathological process.
– systemic diseases, for example, disorders of the liver or kidneys.
It is believed that scabies of the skin begins at the ends of the nerve fibers, which are located between the two main layers of the skin – the epidermis and dermis. These nerve endings transmit an impulse to the thalamus, which is an area of the human brain that is responsible for processing information from the senses. Some experts believe that itchy skin is a kind of pain, since people who are insensitive to pain and scabies do not feel it.
What forms can scabies take:
– strong localized itching of the skin, which, as a rule, passes after scratching;
– generalized itching of the skin that does not go away after scratching.
Remedies for scabies caused by external factors
Such agents for the treatment of scabies make it possible to relieve irritation that has arisen as an allergic reaction to clothing material, household and cosmetic chemicals and insect bites.
– table soda. Rinse the affected skin with water, apply a mass of ordinary tea soda and water, hold for fifteen minutes. After that, rinse the paste with cool water and pat it with a soft towel.
– stellate herb extract. The herbal medicine is used to treat pruritus in the form of a bath or compress. Grass relieves irritation, soothes the skin and softens it. Finely chop the fresh leaves and stems of the plant and add to the bathing water. Or prepare a compress by adding cool water to the eye. Many adherents of herbal medicine recommend drinking the infusion of this plant from itching.
– herbal remedy with witch hazel. This medicine helps with insect bites. To do this, a cotton swab with an extract of a medicinal plant must be applied to the site of the bite, a few drops of tea tree oil can be added to soften the product.
Means for treating scabies caused by human internal diseases
If scabies of the skin has developed on the basis of the disease, it is necessary: firstly, to establish which specific disease caused the itching; secondly, to treat first of all this main disease, since itchy skin is only a symptom of it. In order to alleviate the itching caused by a systemic disease, you can:
– take a cool bath, as the coolness makes scabies easier;
– make a starchy milk compress on the itchy place. For a compress, use a piece of natural fabric.